The purpose of this site is to educate women & families about midwifery care in Kansas
and to support and enhance communication among midwives across the state of Kansas.
What is a Certified Nurse-Midwife?
A certified nurse-midwife (CNM) is a registered nurse who has completed advanced graduate education to provide specialized health care to women regarding:
• Pregnancy & prenatal care
• Childbirth, labor support, birth care at home, birth center or hospital setting
• Care during the postpartum period
• Post delivery newborn care
• Family planning & contraception
• Gynecological care through the lifespan
• Primary care: ability to prescribe medications, order diagnostic and laboratory tests.